SBS Calendar Booklet Index
And now we will leave you to make up your mind, to decide one way or the
other - to cast your "spiritual vote" so to speak. Satan, no doubt, will do
his utmost to stifle the rising tide of conviction which this truth about
Yahweh's Feasts will produce in your mind. That is Satan's unholy delight.
You see he does not want believers to obey the commandments of God. He does not mind
them acknowledging God's presence, singing His praises, shouting Halleluyahs or even exhausting themselves in a thousand worthwhile causes: just so long
as they do not obey Yahweh's commandments. . That is why Satan constantly stirs up hostility in the hearts of men for the Almighty and His Law. Because he wants mankind to break
the divine commandments, to sin and go on sinning; to join him in his sick, hateful rebellion against the authority of the Most High.
- The Feast days commanded in the Bible belong to JEHOVAH, the Almighty God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. They are not Israel's or Judah's, but Yahweh's Feasts. "These are the Feasts of the LORD, even holy convocations, which ye shall proclaim in their seasons." says the Almighty in His Word.
- The Feasts of the LORD God of Israel are, by royal decree,
the appointed memorials of His mightiest deeds in the Programme of
Salvation; each and every one of them being a sacred anniversary of
some distinct, divine achievement in that programme. So the keeping
of them is a declaration of faith in the Almighty and His Son Yeshua, through whom
the free gift of salvation is offered to mankind.
- These selfsame Feasts figured in the mind of the Almighty at the
creation of the world, some 2000 years before the first Jew was born. Look out for signs in the sun, moon and stars on the Feasts; for those heavenly bodies were created primarily to signal to the universe the 'sacred seasons,' 'days' and 'years' in the Almighty's calendar.
- The commandments concerning the Feasts of Yahweh are worded in the
most permanent of legal terms, which plainly state that they will continue
from "generation to generation," "age after age," " for ever!".
- The staggering total of clean animals (bulls, rams, lambs, goats etc) sacrificed on the Feast days give some indication of their great importance and the manifold blessings the Messiah's sacrifice on Calvary has won for the ransomed people of God.
- Israel's apostasy reached a climax in the sin of Jeroboam son of
Nebat when the nation of Israel forsook the appointed feasts of the LORD and
began to celebrate days of their own choosing. Alas! Christendom, in the main, is doing exactly the same thing on a world scale in our day. In other words, the Church is duplicating Jeroboam's sin.
- All the great revivals recorded in Scripture began or climaxed on one
or the other of the sacred seasons and Feasts of the Most High; those ancient revivals themselves
being "prophetic previews," "living blueprints" and "types" of much greater outpourings of spiritual power and blessing still to be bestowed upon the obedient church in these end times.
- The new covenant is made between the LORD God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob and His people Israel and Judah. Jehovah has scheduled Himself to inscribe His law, which includes His Sabbath and Feast day commands, on the true believer's mind. The Almighty's weekly and annual Sabbaths were observed by
- The Apostles and the early church for many years after the Saviour's
- They will also be observed during the millennium by all
the nations of the world.
- And finally they will be celebrated
on the new earth (after the millennial age) for all eternity!
These facts amply justify the wording of the Feast Day commandments
mentioned at point 4 and prove that Yahweh's Feasts will indeed
last from "from generation to generation, age to age, for all time - for ever!".
- By way of contrast the popular holidays of Christendom: Easter,
Christmas, Ash Wednesday, Sunday, Hallowe'en etc., are not sanctioned by the
Almighty. In fact they are ALL ancient heathen festivals which over
the centuries have found their way into the Christian church and
because of their popularity have temporarily pushed aside the true
Sabbaths of the Creator. They are, infact, an abomination to the LORD God of Israel.
Like the sin of Jeroboam, they have diverted Yahweh's people from His appointed times of worship - His sacred seasons, Feasts and Sabbaths. The time has come to jettison these pagan celebrations and to return to the divinely appointed memorials of our salvation - the Feasts of God Almighty.
- True believers in the LORD of Hosts who really want to please Him should,
therefore, stop celebrating the pagan religious festivals of Easter and Christmas etc.; for when a person
joins in a pagan religious festival he/she
becomes partner with the spirits of evil, the demon host who daily
defy the dictates of the Almighty God.
- Just before the Saviour's return to earth the Antichrist
will make his appearance and all the world will be compelled to
choose between the Sign of Yahweh and the Mark of the Beast, between
the Sabbaths of the LORD God of Israel and the Festivals of Paganism. The lead up to this spiritual election has already began. Multiplied millions, in and out of the church, have already decided what they will believe and do concerning this issue. Now it's your turn. This publication merely outlines the momentous issues at stake. Read it several times.
But from the throne of the Almighty you may hear another call. And if you
do, it will be the voice of the Master, the call of Yeshua the Messiah,
the only begotten Son of the Most High. His voice will overwhelm your whole being as only
the voice of the Saviour and the presence of the Holy Spirit can. And this is what He will be saying dear reader to you:
"...If thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments."
SBS Calendar Booklet Index Downloading Information
Elder: David B Loughran
Stewarton Bible School, Stewarton, Scotland
Updated: May 1999