Letter from SBS Founder
Dear Friends and Visitors to the SBS site,
Greetings to you all; especially to the growing band of 'SBS Contact Persons' who work alongside us in the vineyard of the King of Kings! There is no greater employment for the sons and daughters of men than to 'be about our Father's business.'
As you all know the Everlasting Gospel is reaching millions of people in all the countries of the world. By TV, radio, Internet and Mobile 'Phone, the Gospel is penetrating the tightest security barriers the enemies of Truth care to throw up. Nothing in the universe can stop the Gospel advancing into the darkest recesses of the human mind. The LORD God of Israel will see to that. Whilst we sleep, thousands - yea tens of thousands! - tune in, log on and patiently study the Gospel message in the remotest corners of earth. Oh yes, the Everlasting Gospel is going forward with a loud voice!
||6: And I saw another angel fly in the midst of heaven, having the everlasting gospel to preach unto them that dwell on the earth, and to every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people,|
7: Saying with a loud voice, Fear God, and give glory to him; for the hour of his judgment is come: and worship him that made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and the fountains of waters.
Each morning as I sit at my computer I thank the LORD God of Abraham, Isaac and Israel that He has allowed me yet another day of life; another day to praise His holy name and to tell the world of His matchless love for every one of us. How I look forward to His Son's return when the violence and confusion in this world will be no more and mankind will for the very first time live in real peace! Believe me, we are near that time; so hold on to your faith.
||25: But that which ye have already hold fast till I come.|
26: And he that overcometh, and keepeth my works unto the end, to him will I give power over the nations:
||15: And the seventh angel sounded; and there were great voices in heaven, saying, The kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of his Christ; and he shall reign for ever and ever.
I have much to write, but I realise that everyone is busy these days; so I'll reduce it to a few short paragraphs.
- Authorized King James Version: Work on ensuring that all Bible quotations at this site are from the KJV is almost complete. The free booklet Bible Versions ... Which is the real Word of God? is now being requested at an increasing rate by believers from all groups. Do make sure that you get your free copy to pass around your church group. This is important. For details of our other free booklets, see Free Booklets!
- The facility to Download this Site is also proving a great success. Use it every few months to keep up-to-date; and tell your friends about the facility.
- Copyright: Remember that Stewarton Bible School publications are all in the Public Domain! So there is absolutely no need to ask for permission to copy, print or translate them. Pass this message on to others. For more details see No Copyright.
- Supporting SBS: Several believers have written in asking how they could help cover the cost of printing and postage. Their letters greatly encourage us. Besides the information given in file Supporting SBS, the following applies:
- All Stewarton Bible School booklets are free of charge! God willing, this will always be the case. Our literature is free!
- However, if you want to donate something towards publishing costs, then calculate as follows: A booklet such as Bible Versions costs us just under £1 to print. The cost of air-mailing a booklet to you varies from country to country. But you can tell the cost by looking at the stamps affixed to the envelope in which the book arrives. It's as simple as that. Many believers from countries such as the U.S.A., Canada, Australia, New Zealand and the UK send us cheques made out to Stewarton Bible School. (Scotland) Our bankers, the Royal Bank of Scotland accept these cheques. Our address is given below.
- Many wonder about becoming SBS Contact Persons. You are welcome if you meet a few conditions. These are now fully explained, so please read them.
- Information Overload: We are currently receiving e-mail attachments at an increasing rate. Please bear with us when we do not reply. We cannot possibly examine every shade of opinion or visit all the web sites being brought to our attention. So keep your e-mails short - very short! By 'very short' I mean no more than about 20 lines and no attachments please. Only then will your e-mails be read.
- Denomination: Remember that SBS is not a denomination. We have no membership and no mailing list. Since the mid 1980s we have maintained a database with the names and addresses of enquirers who write to us by ordinary (snail) mail. But we do not add e-mail addresses to this database. We started doing this in 1996; but soon stopped when the e-mail numbers became unmanageable. This means that those who wish to worship with other Sabbath-keepers should check the Directory of Sabbath-Observing Groups maintained by the Bible Sabbath Association (BSA). There are literally hundreds of addresses, 'phone numbers and details listed in their Directory. BSA is a nonsectarian association for Sabbath-observing Christians. Details are:
- Bible Sabbath Association.
3316 Alberta drive, Gillette, WY 82718 USA
Their URL is http://www.biblesabbath.org/
FAX 405-227-4495 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- I understand that another database of Sabbath-keepers is being set up.
Go to: http://www.geocities.com/nucov/nations.htm to see the beginnings.
E-mail email@example.com for further information.
- Sabbath-keepers should also search the Net for themselves. There are many, like yourself, who are keen to meet others of like-precious faith. But be careful; because many wolves dressed up in sheep's clothing are also out there.
The Real Royal Family
The Bible contains hundreds of wonderful promises and facts; every one of which is a spiritual gem in its own right. Let me close this letter with one Biblical fact which is often overlooked by our status-conscious society; the fact concerning a true believer's position in this world.
This passage states an absolute and magnificent fact: that every true believer in Jehovah, no matter how poor, uneducated or miserable he/she may appear to others, is in truth a member of the Royal Family of God! This places true believers on a level far above those set by the standards of men. This is the real Royal Family! And what is more, we are members of it:- the sons and daughters of God! So let us not be discouraged by the temporary setbacks of life: ill-health, poverty, hardship or persecution. All these will soon be over and we shall enter the glorious Kingdom of Heaven. Only then will we be able to fully appreciate the value of our present status as the sons and daughters of the Almighty God!
|1 John 3:
||1: Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not.|
2: Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.
3: And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure.
The text then goes on to mention two further wonders which our frail human minds just cannot take in: 'We shall be like Him' and 'We shall see Him as He is!' Do try to keep these thoughts in mind as you seek by the grace of God and the power of the Holy Ghost to live a pure life in a world obsessed with sex and violence. But, by His grace you can do it.
My health is bearing up. I really did not expect to be alive this long! Thanks for all your prayers. Keep them ascending to our Heavenly Father.
|2 Cor. 12:
||9: And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.|
10: Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities ... for when I am weak, then am I strong.
I'll end here in Emmanuel's holy name.
May His presence and peace be with you - always!
Elder: David B Loughran
SBS Home New Year Greetings to All
17th February 2000
Stewarton Bible School, Stewarton, Ayrshire, Scotland